I left a world of $500 business suits and letter perfect contracts for the hopeful dream of making a positive difference in the lives of California students.
– Mary, English, Drama and Digital Media Teacher
Teachers from alternative certification programs are diverse and reflect the population they are teaching. But more than anything, they are highly committed, talented and passionate about teaching in California’s public schools.
Alternative certification places an average of 8,000 teachers annually in California public schools.
Who are they:
- Mature individuals with rich life and career experience
- Have a strong desire to serve their community
- Can take charge of a classroom immediately
- Have significant expertise with the content they’re teaching
- Are dedicated to helping students succeed